Offers 2-3 hours experience. Participants can choose 2-3 activities held within time. Activities include learning temple etiquette, making 108 prayer beads, making lotus lantern, conversation with a monk over tea, ect. Run with over 15 participants. Reservation should be made at least 10days in advance. Temple meal is an option
|Oneday program||20,000 KRW||20,000 KRW||20,000 KRW|
*additional fee for meal (KRW 5,000)
The schedule can be slightly changed depending on situations.
what to bring
- water bottle, socks to wear in the Buddha Hall, comfortable shoes except slippers or flip-flops, proper attire is recommended.
- be on time of templestay program(especially meal time)
- keep calm and considerate state of mind.
- don't make a loud sound.
- no cigarette, no meat, no alcohol within the temple.
- proper attire is recommended.
Way to Temple
Taking a bus from Seoul
- 1-1)Take a bus to “Jinbu(진부)” at the “Dong Seoul Terminal(동서울 터미널)”- it takes about 2 hours and 15         minutes to Jinbu. 1-2) Take a bus to “Jinbu(진부)” at the "Seoul Nambu Termina(서울 남부 터미널)l"- it takes about 2 hours         and 35 minutes to Jinbu 1-3)Wonju Terminal(원주 터미널) to Jinbu 1-4)Gangreung Terminal(강릉 터미널) to Jinbu
- 2) When you get to Jinbu terminal, you can take a taxi to “Woljeongsa”- It will cost about 18,000won.
You can take a local village bus to Woljeongsa instead (1,800won)and this takes about 20 minutes.
local bus time: 6:30,07:40,08:30,09:40,10:50,11:50,12:50,13:50,14:20,15:30,16:40,19:20
- 3)When you arrive in Woljeongsa, the "templestay office" is about 5~10 minutes on foot. ** Dong Seoul Terminal(동서울 터미널):02-446-8000 ** Seoul Nambu Terminal(서울 남부터미널):02-521-8550 ** Jinbu Terminal(진부 터미널):033-335-6307
- 033-339-6606~7 / email@example.com